Cortendorf Keramik

DSCN7776.JPG 

       Founded in 1890 Cortendorf today is part of the city of Coburg-Cortendorf. The well known sculptor Albert Strunz introduced new sculpture designs such as the wall masks that West German Cortendorf pottery is well known for. These wall masks were produced from 1955 - 1960.

       In the Mid Century Cortendorf is well known for its female wall masks, riskay nude sculptures, animal shaped tea pots and in the 60's produced figures with a wood grain appearance. 

      After 1973 Cortendorf factory was acquired by the Goebel Company.